[music-dsp] On time-varying filters

Jon Watte hplus at mindcontrol.org
Thu Aug 24 13:52:44 EDT 2000

I've done this with reasonable success by using a single set of interpolated
coefficients per 4 frames, and calculating new targets every 128 frames.
This was for a 4-th order IIR. Really fast movement caused some temporary
resonance spike like glitches, but that sounded kind-of cool so I left it in
there :-)

If you're doing it on a bi-quad, it works best on the un-transposed form
because its coefficients are the least sensitive, I'm told.

Cheers,

				/ h+