[music-dsp] Wavetables

Bram de Jong Bram.DeJong at rug.ac.be
Mon Jul 31 10:42:06 EDT 2000

Another question/idea:

Say you use a sine wave + distortion ( for example f(x,a) = (1+a)*x/(1 +
a*abs(x)) Using the distortion, you can control the number of harmonics
(OK, they might not be 'integer' harmonics, but you see what I mean,
right).

So, if the user hits a low note you use much 'distortion' or waveshaping
and if he hit's a high one, you reduce the distorion to reduce the
harmonics/aliasing.

Now, this MUST have been done before, but I think it's maybe another way
of controling aliasing.

Any thoughts?

Bram.