[music-dsp] Re: TB303 VCF emulation

Theo t.hogers at home.nl
Wed Oct 10 05:10:59 EDT 2001

For this moment my best guess is:
Use a moog ladder filter and shift the first pole one octave up.
This is what the 303 hardware does.
There is code for "moog" filters on line.

If it is not possible to shift the first pole up in the "moog" algorithm
then
you could try my second best guess;
Cascading 4 one pole filters (6dB) with a soft limiter after each stage and
the first pole/stage tuned a octave up.
Problem may be how to implement resonance in this configuration.
Not a accurate but maybe workable solution could be to have only resonance
on the second of the four filters and tune this filter up a bit with
increasing Q.
(the first was tuned up a octave so we can't use that one)

Just some thoughts,
Theo

From: Miracle Band <miracle_band at hotbox.ru>