[music-dsp] Low bitrate audio compression

Sarah Thompson sarah at telergy.com
Fri Dec 27 01:25:01 EST 2002

> You could look at the GSM codec, there is a reference implemation in C
> available, but I can't remeber what the licence is off-hand, I think its
> pretty free.

That was my first thought actually, but GSM was regarded as too poor
quality. You're right about the code, though - I have seen that lying around
in the past. It could be that I could modify the GSM codec slightly to
increase its bandwidth or signal to noise ratio because its data rate is
more than good enough for what I need.

Thanks - good thinking. Other suggestions still welcome, of course!

Sarah