[music-dsp] Optimum frequency for note generation

shifty at sidehack.sat.gweep.net shifty at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Wed Feb 20 12:23:50 EST 2002

haven't used that PIC...try narrowing the bounds a little more....

what's the resolution of the scaler, in addition to the prescaler.
can you adjust the prescaler real-time?

what's the lowest freq you want and the highest?
how flexible are the high/low ranges?

for reference, see
http://www.gweep.net/~shifty/txt/videogamemusic.txt

e.g. the 6581 SID had a 16-bit total divider and it had 10+ octave
range with a 1 or 2 MHz input clock (can't remember which!)

btw, has anyone ever generated an auto-correlation spreadsheet or
other app to match divider freqeuncies to exponential scales? would be
handy.  thanks

-N

 Hi