[music-dsp] Linux-based DSP vs. dual processor platform

koen vos koen.vos at globalipsound.com
Mon Nov 4 22:37:54 EST 2002

Remi Payan wrote:

> But then you come to the question I was asking: what for ? what type
> of application could take advantage of such a marketing model ?

About the type of application: one that needs both the operating system and
the DSP power. The OS may be useful in dealing with a complex user
interface, a hard disk, the internet, etc.

One such application is a user-friendly environment for creating and using
synthesizers and audio effects. Creamware is selling exactly that for
Windows.

koen.