[music-dsp] Matlab for Lin to Min Phase

Bob Cain arcane at arcanemethods.com
Tue Nov 26 14:21:10 EST 2002

Nigel Redmon wrote:

> Hi Bob--I think you're looking for this (code link on the page):
>
> http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/filters/Creating_Minimum_Phase_Filters.html
>
> I was playing around with it myself (via Andrew Simper's Mathematica
> translation) over the weekend.

Hmmm.  This has the exact same problem.  The mapping below 100Hz
(Fs=44100, 8192 sample IR) absolutely sucks and there is a
discontinuity halfway out into the result after which there is a
low frequency component that bears no resemblence to the tail of
the first half.  That just can't be right.

There must be a more robust calculation for this problem.

Bob

simpler."

                                             A. Einstein