[music-dsp] Sound cards for laptops

gogins at pipeline.com gogins at pipeline.com
Wed Nov 27 16:49:36 EST 2002

Do not use Creative products. They advertise higher sound quality than they in
fact have. E.g. the USB Extigy (which I used to own before I threw it out)
advertises 96 KHz sampling rate but in reality only uses 48 KHz. It sounded
fine, but this is not an encouraging practice.

I now use the M-Audio Duo, which has 2 channels of mic preamp as well as 24/96
specs vis USB. I have used it in live recording of a jazz singer with good
results.