[music-dsp] Sound cards for laptops

Fredrik Solenberg fredrik at spektr.eu.org
Wed Nov 27 18:02:59 EST 2002

I recently did one day of 8-track recording with the Metric Halo Mobile
I/O (FireWire) and a Mac Powerbook G4. It didn't hiccup once. I've had
plenty of trouble with all kinds of USB devices so I wouldn't touch
that for audio on either Mac or PC unless threatened to life. FireWire
seems to work well though.

I do almost everything on the Powerbook now, from recording to mixing
and mastering (the built-in sound works fine for editing and such).

/ Fredrik