[music-dsp] Please check out my compressor ...

Christoph Jung kribert at gmx.de
Thu Dec 11 15:18:01 EST 2003

Hi Citizen,

i just had a look at your compressor algo.

Before having taken a further look at your mathematical expressions,
there's one
thing that jumped at me:

Why do you initialize the "Sidechain" and "Envelope" variables in the
process
functions? This way, they are repeatingly reset to zero each time the
process
functions are called by the VST host and a new sample frame is
transmitted to
your plug.

On my opinion, the compressor cannot behave correctly this way.
Try initializing the two variables in your PCML constructor instead.

Regards
Chris