[music-dsp] Plugzilla

ian deviant at custard.org
Mon Mar 31 10:08:00 EST 2003

i saw this at namm in january, and had a chance to talk to it's designer
about it. i can't remember if he told me what cpu is in there, but it is
basically a pc in a box, with a usb connection for you to download plugins
into it. it has a "custom os" inside it, which loads the vst dll's and
runs them. by custom he meant not windows, and if i had to guess i would
say it was linux in there. they only had one limitation as to what plugins
could be run, and that was whether the plugin had some kind of unusual
copy protection scheme. that only affected a very small number of
plugins, and at the time they were working with plugin developers to
resolve that.
it's a very cool product!
ian