[music-dsp] strobe tuners

Michael Gogins gogins at pipeline.com
Mon Nov 10 19:52:01 EST 2003

In my high school wind ensemble and symphony, we used a strobe tuner. They
definitely are the best. The flickering wheel starts moving, and you know
you're just a fraction of a cent off pitch, you know which direction, and
you know roughly how much you need to adjust.

I would think you could do one in software off a PC microphone.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
Silence, a language for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/silencevst/