SV: [music-dsp] WAV file string format?

Richard Dobson richarddobson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 02:31:01 EST 2003

It's funny, I suppose, on first reading, but after that it just gets in
the way. Really it is better to have a specification that is just that,
as formal and complete as possible, without this degree of
personalization. Let everyone have their own opinions, and just present
the spec. The AIFF spec is not without its absurdities either, but it
has never been fashionable to bash Apple for that.  But the WAVE spec
has suffered especially from Chinese whispers over the years, when so
many people publish a selective and often misleading subset of the whole.

That document also indicates the labl text is null-terminated.

Richard Dobson