[music-dsp] Modeling guitar noise (pickup/cable noise etc)

Nikhil Sarma nsarma at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 20 12:00:01 EST 2003

Thanks to everybody for their replies!

Per, I'll try the system identification route in Matlab.

Zbigniew, I'm trying to make the algorithm robust for any kind of guitar
- single-coil or humbuckers. I've taken into account the 60Hz hum and
it's harmonics.  The purpose of my posting was to know if there are other
kinds of (perhaps, quasi-periodic) noise that are normally present in a
typical signal, that I should add to the simulated input signal.

Guiseppi, I'm sticking to electric guitar for now :)

Nikhil