[music-dsp] DOS [or DOS mode] for low latency on PC?

Rob Belcham robbelcham at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 6 10:09:00 EST 2004

The input - output latency largely depends on your sound card. If you've got
a cheap, or built in sound card, the latency is likely to be quite high.

Typical modern soundcards with ASIO drivers can achive a latency in the
order of a few ms. Is this low enough for your needs ?

I understand Linux is also good for real-time, low latency audio, might be
worth checking out.

Regards
Rob B.