[music-dsp] Video FIR filters

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Tue Jan 13 16:56:01 EST 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 22.15, Bogdan wrote:
> Have you looked at 3Dlabs Wildcat Pro series video cards?
> www.3dlabs.com

Thanks for the hint; it's been a while since I checked what they have
to offer.

I looked at the first Wildcat VP cards when they came out, but just
like all the older 3Dlabs cards, they lacked serious high resolution
support. The new VPs are slightly improved it seems, but the table of
supported resolutions is still not very impressive, IMHO. 2048x1536 @
80 Hz is ok, but then the card has to perform perfectly all the way
up to the max pixel clock. Not very likely.

The so called "data sheet" (*heh*) is confusing, but it seems like one
might get away with running *both* outputs at the max resolution. I
could use a 2048x1536 + 1600x1200 setup, as I have a nice 19"er as
well. (The FireGL stops at 1600x1200 when doing dual head. And I'm
out of PCI slots... :-/ )

A Linux driver (XiG) costs another $200, but at least there is one.

Looks like a nice 3D accelerator, though! ;-)