[music-dsp] A-Law Mu-Law Compression on adsp2186m

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-music-dsp at mega-nerd.com
Sat Jan 17 01:36:01 EST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:15:02 -0800 (PST)
ayyams ayyams <japintokio at yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi
>        thank u for ur response.....
>
>          i here with sending my code for compression and expension. i
> am not trying look up table method.its normal linear method.

Sorry I'm not all that keen to dig through someone elses assembler code
without so much as a manual to look at.

I was however asking for a more detailed description than the one you
provided. The term "not working" lacks precision. Three possiblities
I can come up with that match "not working" are:

    - nothing but slience
    - sounds distorted
    - sounds like random noise

What are the symptoms you are seeing? Is it any of the above?

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)