[music-dsp] A-Law Mu-Law Compression on adsp2186m

ayyams ayyams japintokio at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 18 19:05:01 EST 2004

hi,

1.actually its working fine between the value...0x0000 to 0x1fff and 0xe000 to 0xffff
2. between 0x1fff to 0x7fff giving constant value(0x1fff)
3. between 0x8000 to 0xcfff giving constant value(0xffff)

i followed the equation

           1+log[A|x(k)|]
Y(x)=  ------------------------
            1+log[A]

where A=87.56

thanks in advance
with good regards
ayyams

Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-music-dsp at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:15:02 -0800 (PST)
ayyams ayyams wrote:

> hi
> thank u for ur response.....
>
> i here with sending my code for compression and expension. i
> am not trying look up table method.its normal linear method.

Sorry I'm not all that keen to dig through someone elses assembler code
without so much as a manual to look at.

I was however asking for a more detailed description than the one you
provided. The term "not working" lacks precision. Three possiblities
I can come up with that match "not working" are:

- nothing but slience
- sounds distorted
- sounds like random noise

What are the symptoms you are seeing? Is it any of the above?

Erik