[music-dsp] why 3/4 in quantization?

Joshua Scholar joshscholar at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 09:22:01 EST 2004

It just occured to me that when I read about bands being quantized in AAC
it's just the same thing as A-Law and Mu-Law but in subbands...

Maybe you were talking about those instead... Same problem, though I imagine
that instanious quantization is a much worse choice for a codec that doesn't
use subbands since the lag it avoids would be shorter anyway and the noise
(being wideband) is much more noticable.