[music-dsp] Typical Impulse Response values

sada asda rohitvst1983 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 15:01:01 EST 2004

Hi, i have written a plugin to convolve a
precalculated impulse response with an input in real
time, so get a simulated reverb. At the moment my
convolution produces only a heavily distorted output,
rather than reverberation. I am not sure why this is,
although my precalculated impulse response may be too
high.

Although, they are all normalised between 0-1, the
first spike is about 0.8, and the last about 0.5 (only
the initial spikes of the impulse, not the whole
thing).

Are my impulse response values too high? what could be
the problem.

Many thanks,
Ro