[music-dsp] diy dsp synth - where to start?

Chris CROSSKEY chris at crosskey.fslife.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 16:47:00 EST 2004

Get a Chameleon......go on , go on, go on, gon, yer will, yer will, yer
will, yer will....another cup of tea father?......

Sorry for the Father Ted reference, but the Chameleon is the best place to
go for a simple interface....all the midi etc crap is handled by the OS on a
Coldfire and yo uhave a 200MHz 56303 to do the DSP stuff...the I/O is 24-bit
48kHz and there's already a load of stuff out there for it including the
Monowave2 PPG based monosynth....... If you do, my wish list of stuff for it
includes a MIDI harmoniser (there's an interval harmoniser in one of the
skins for it ATM, but I'd like something that fored to notes rather than
intervals), a Hammond modeller, and a polyphonic string modeller.....There's
already some normal FX units, a guitar amp sim, an awesome polysynth, a
staggering EQ/Vocoder...... www.soundart-hot.com IIRC...

chrisc
Chameleon Evangelist