[music-dsp] job posting .....

Augmentics musicdsp at augmentics.com
Sat Jan 24 03:16:00 EST 2004

Hi,

I have worked at a hi-tech startup in the UK for the last 4 years.
We have grown from 15 people to nearly 400, with a massive financial
turnover.

The first 80 or so engineers that we hired CAN do almost anything related to
software or hardware.
In fact that was our hiring criterion - so we rejected maybe 98% of CVs and
then maybe 80% of those who we invited to interview.

Their average age when hired was around 35, going up to 50+.
The salaries needed to attract such people are however startling - 2 to 5
times the industry average, with other goodies thrown in.

Some people simply work 14 hours days, 7 days a week all their lives, which
can give them a HUGE amount of experience, especially if they are bright and
have a low boredom threshold.

Working in a company made up of such driven, focussed people is - err -
"interesting", but never boring!

So, yes, there ARE people out there who CAN do almost anything you put in a
job spec ... but they will be expensive and very, very hard to find.

regards,

Richard