[music-dsp] Dts decoding

Angelo Farina farina at pcfarina.eng.unipr.it
Mon Jan 26 16:23:51 EST 2004

As with Dolby AC3 decoding, also DTS decoding requires, in principle, to pay
a license fee. It is a proprietary, not-free format.
As AC3 is much more common, some unofficial decoders appeared since some
time for it. For example, I am employing the AC3filter software by Alexander
Vigovsky, which is an excellent, open-source AC3 decoder
(http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/).
The most similar thing for DTS is DTS/WAV Filter by Hypercube. Here is it:
http://hypercubemx.free.fr/html/dts_wav_filter.html
Another free DTS decoding filter is AzidDTS.
Bye!

Angelo Farina