[music-dsp] Re: Analog Modelling

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Wed Oct 27 11:38:41 EDT 2004

>From: antti at smartelectronix.com
>
>On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
>
>> Have you already submitted the source code to the music-dsp code archive?
>> Please do so.
>
>The filter structure is simple enough that anyone with half a brain should
>be implement it with the help of the companion webpage (which will go
>online Real Soon Now (tm)). Posting C++ code would just encourage ripping
>it without understanding.

DAFX 2004 is on-line. Who submits first an implementation of Antti's
Moog filter to the music-dsp code archive? Time starts now!

BTW, what is wrong with ripping? Theory is always good to have but
not everyone wants it or needs it. That *is* the reason why we have
the music-dsp code archive.

Antti, could you mail the filter code here? It would be a major
time-saver. Don't worry about oversamplers.

The demo has filter sweeps; were there any issues related to sweeping?

Do you use a table or a polynomial for tanh? I would like to know
a suitable polynomial anyway.

Juhana