[music-dsp] Correcting distortion on overdriven CD

Keith Handy paranoiaspoisondoor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 19:46:46 EDT 2004

If his original material was a choir, it's going to be more difficult
to make a reasonable (believable) interpolation in the clipped
regions.  On short, percussive sounds like drums, it's a lot easier to
fake, I think.  (Heck, sometimes I have clipped drum samples and I
don't even notice they're clipped until I see them on the screen,
although I can hear a before-and-after improvement when I run a clip
restoration on them in Cool Edit.)

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:46:43 -0700, Peter Bradshaw
<flatfeetpete at gmail.com> wrote:
> Audition's got a feature that sounds like what you want, but I'm
> unsure how good it is.
>

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:17:02 -0400, joe ferguson <jferguson at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> > I was given a CD of a choral concert and several of the selections were
> > overdriven in loud passages.  Is there a filter I can use to make these
> > passages less annoying as part of a cleanup process?
> >
> > --
> > Joe
> >
> > --

I've seen all good people trim their hedge each day