[music-dsp] CQT resynthesis

Craig Nicol craig.nicol at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:44:48 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm fairly new to this list so apologies if this has been asked
before. Couldn't find anything in the FAQ or a Google of the archives
however.

Does anyone know if anyone has tried Analysis-Resynthesis using CQT?
I've been using STFT and CQT for various analysis purposes in my work
and consistently get much poorer results using CQT. I have some
theories on why it might not be working but I'd like to check here
just in case I've missed something obvious or there is a problem with
the implementation I am using.

Regards,
Craig Nicol, Research Student