[music-dsp] Mel filter-bank

Toth Laszlo tothl at inf.u-szeged.hu
Mon Jul 4 07:47:29 EDT 2005

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Jamie Bullock wrote:

> I have a question about this. Some diagrams show the _area_ under each
> triangular filter segment as being constant [...]
> I have seen another representation that shows the _gain_ of each filter
> [...]
> Which of these is correct?

If you intend to use the resulting values for speech recognition, then
this won't give you any difference in recognition scores.
Anyway, the best you can do is to implement both and test if the
difference has any any effect on your application...

               Laszlo Toth
        Hungarian Academy of Sciences         *
  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence   *   "Failure only begins
     e-mail: tothl at inf.u-szeged.hu            *    when you stop trying"
     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl        *