[music-dsp] Comparing cross-platform audio APIs

Max max at lucit.com
Wed Nov 2 13:08:34 EST 2005

Direct ASIO drivers for AC97/HDA audio are as rare as hen's teeth. However
the free ASIO4ALL (www.asio4.all.com) can be used as a lowish latency bridge
from ASIO via Kernel Streaming if the audio device has WDM drivers (so
Win98SE and later IIRC). The ASIO4ALL author is generally amenable to apps
bundling the driver.

HTH

Max