[music-dsp] Extract voice from a stereo signal

Rory Walsh rorywalsh at ear.ie
Fri Nov 25 05:26:00 EST 2005

You may want to take a look at the following paper from the DAFX 04
conference proceedings.

http://dafx04.na.infn.it/WebProc/Proc/P_240.pdf

If you happen to use Csound at all I know that one of the Csound guys is
after writing a Csound opcode that does the trick. I have only heard it
work with a jazz quartet and not voice, but it seems to work well and
isolating the double bass for example ain't too tricky. Saying that I'm
no expert on these matters!