[music-dsp] DSP soundcards with sample playback (old ISA stuff)

Johannes Öberg johannes.oberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:14:47 EST 2006

Thanks guys! And it's not old compared to my AWE and GUS hacking :-)

I haven't actually gotten any TB 56k-system yet, but it currently
looks to be the most suitable card for me.

However, if I'm getting a Pinnacle, I suppose I could put the MA-1 to
good use as well. Is that part of the card also "user programmable" as
in I could use it in my DOS program without any drivers (or at least,
without drivers I can't use) ?

What other difference is there between the 56001 and 56002 TB's (apart
from the obvious) ? Is one faster than the other or something?

That C compiler, is that a compiler specifically for the 56k, or are
your compiler using inp() outp() and kbhit() ? I thought they were
part of the standard :-) Anyway, can't be that hard to roll your own.