[music-dsp] AMDF shortcuts for SOLA time stretching?

Didier Dambrin didid at skynet.be
Tue Apr 22 05:52:52 EDT 2008

but it's exactly because most users want very low latencies these days, that
you -have- to spread the CPU better. Otherwise you have a high risk of
underruns.
A plugin that eats 80% CPU once every 20 bufferswitches, is almost the same
as  a plugin that eats 80% CPU all the time.

This, and the lack of any possible smooth automation (because chunk-based)
is the reason I don't consider using that kind of stretching realtime.