[music-dsp] Name for the integrator replacement technique

george bezerianos gasmoa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:29:56 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov<neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Path Preserving Transform (PPT), Vanim ?
> ^ can be a bit confusing. I guess...
>
> But I also like "Topology"...The problem here is that the word "Topology"
> (mathematics), essentially suggest preservation of properties.
> So if you insert "Topology-preserving" a sort of "doubling" is created.
> At least in my opinion.

Topology is the natural setting for studying continuity (even though
its definition
looks rather counter-intuitive, but it makes much more sense if one
sees its emergence from metric spaces). "Preserving properties" is something
assigned to functions and transforms and not topological spaces themselves,
or any algebraic structure or mathematical constructions of this kind.

What we're talking about here, if we decide to be mathematically rigorous,
is rather a Directed Graph Isomorphism.

Yours,

George Bezerianos