[music-dsp] Re: music-dsp Digest, Vol 66, Issue 17

Vadim Zavalishin vadim.zavalishin at native-instruments.de
Tue Jun 9 06:35:41 EDT 2009

>time Tn = 0..w (w is for one full period of samples, gradient could be
>longer also)
>X1 = Tn*e^j(wt+theta)
>X2 = (1-Tn)e^j(wt+rho)
>X3 = X1 + X2 <-- simple vector addition
>
>Note! This can be much improved by using a sigmoid function for the
>amplitude gradient,
>instead of plain linear gradient (that is used with B-splines). This
>should produce a kind of spiral on the complex plane.

That's what I did in my article. Except that a different approach is used
for smoothing.
So in a way, it's already tried, there's also a Reaktor Core demo ensemble
:-)

It would be interesting to compare other smoothing approaches though.

Regards,
Vadim

--
Vadim Zavalishin
Senior Software Developer | R&D

Tel +49-30-611035-0
Fax +49-30-611035-2600

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Schlesische Str. 28
10997 Berlin, Germany
http://www.native-instruments.com

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Registernummer: HRB 72458
UST.-ID.-Nr. DE 20 374 7747
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Daniel Haver (CEO), Mate Galic