[music-dsp] Blurps and Chirps when changing filter parameters

victor Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Wed May 6 17:33:55 EDT 2009

Is there any literature on the effects of this audio-rate change of
coefficients? Just a few
weeks ago, we were doing some work on phase distortion effects of
time-varying IIRs
and I was wondering about background on this, so I'd be interested to hear
more about
it.

Victor
  if you are recomputing each coefficient from the swept parameters
*every*sample*, then that's a different story.  all the sections are
tracking each other, but just from the dynamic excitation you get from
having non-zero states and rapidly changing coefficients you can get some
nasty psuedo-signal generated inside.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com