[music-dsp] Open Source DSP Analog Simulation Synth

M-.-n nostromo at arkaos.net
Wed May 13 11:20:38 EDT 2009

I'd be interested to know too.

So far I've been playing with the arduino piano and although the horse
power is fairely limited, I had a blast using it.

If you are ok with looking at unix/windows platform possibilities (with
the aforementioned possible problems related to OS's), the eee pc 701 is
pretty cheap (around 150 USD/EUR) and has pretty much all of that.

I've done a custom digital MS-20 by stripping an eeepc running the ms-20
vst plugin from his lcd and stuffing it into the legacy edition
controller and it's all running smooth and nice.

See:

http://nostromo.noisepages.com/2009/05/03/dms-20-first-assembly/

Pure:dyne is a real-time unix kernel and it seems to run very smoothly
too (although I'm not really trying to develop for it at the moment).

Sure it's not tons of power either but it's really easy to implement.
So, depending on your goal, it might be worthwile looking at.

Also I've never found fixed point on ARMS to be a real issue, but I'm
that kind of gritty guy :)

Hope this helps,
Marc.