[music-dsp] Open Source DSP Analog Simulation Synth

Ben Loftis ben at glw.com
Wed May 13 17:45:19 EDT 2009

Speaking of low-latency "native" audio processing:

At Harrison we have some "big iron" native audio processing technology.
We are open to licensing if anyone is interested.  These are production
items, in use around the world, not vaporware.

We have 2 different flavors available:

System "A" is a linux desktop OS, using JACK for I/O, which communicates
64 channels of 32-bit audio to our Xrouter.  Total roundtrip latency is
56 samples at 48kHz.  This is extremely stable with full graphical
desktop, recording software, etc.

System "B" is a hard-realtime OS, providing 256 channels of 64-bit audio
I/O.   Roundtrip latency is under 10 samples, maybe significantly lower
depending on the application.

Both systems use our proprietary "Xrouter" hardware for I/O.  Audio
connection to the computer is via CAT5e.  This is a large-scale
solution, with 8+8 MADI ports ( 512x512 I/O ) in the basic setup.

If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me.

-Ben Loftis
ben at harrisonconsoles.com
Harrison Consoles
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com