[music-dsp] time representation in the frequency domain

Alan Tygel alantygel at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:47:35 EDT 2009

>> And it works without any artefacts or loss of any kind.
Until you doesn't make any changes in your signal (in time or freq.),
you can go from time to frequency (and back) without any loss.
Problems starts when you do modifications on it.

A discussion about Fourier Transform/Series can be found on Haykin's
Signals and Systems. This can clarify your doubts about the signal
being periodic or time limited.

Cheers,

Alan Tygel
www.lps.ufrj.br/~alan