[music-dsp] platform choice

Thomas Strathmann thomas at pdp7.org
Sat Oct 31 13:44:49 EDT 2009

Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> That has been my opinion for years re the matlab language. I'm so glad
> to hear that I'm not alone or such a freak after all.

That makes two of us. I have used Matlab (either with or without
Simulink/Stateflow) for uni stuff and I never once got the feeling that
I am dealing with a programming language. It was more the experience of
learning how to do X in a foreign interactive shell of an ancient
operating system (and that's just because of the help function which in
a positive way reminds me of the good features of DCL). The thing that
bothers me about my feelings towards Matlab is that I cannot point out
the specific issues that cause me to dislike Matlab as a language.
Perhaps people on this list have thought longer and harder about this
problem and are willing to share their insights.

	Thomas