[music-dsp] time stretching

Nils Pipenbrinck np at planetarc.de
Thu Jun 10 14:15:16 EDT 2010

Well-

There is also the fine tutorial (with code) of DspDimension:

One link with a good overview:

  http://www.dspdimension.com/admin/time-pitch-overview/

and:

  http://www.dspdimension.com/admin/pitch-shifting-using-the-ft/

(which is about pitch shifting, but time-stretching and pitch-shifting
are so closely related that I treat them as the same).

The code from the last link, smbpitchshift.c is great. It's not
optimized, but written for clarity. I use this code (with some
optimizations) for shifts in the cent range. +-100 cents (aka. micro
pitch shifts to thicken up my guitar sound)

>From the quality point of view I couldn't be happier. Worth checking
out, even if you want to go beyond the cent-range.

Cheers,
  Nils