[music-dsp] Is beating the same thing as flanging?

David Moylan dave at westphila.net
Sun Nov 14 14:12:19 EST 2010

Optocouplers are still in wide use in the FX world.  The Vactrol VTL
series seems the most popular these days so people also roll they're own
with an LED or bulb and an LDR.

BBDs are still in production in China.  Clones of the Panasonic MN32xx
series are available.  Smallbear Electronics is a popular DIY FX pedal
supplier that carries them.

Dave