[music-dsp] Is beating the same thing as flanging?

Victor Lazzarini Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Sun Nov 14 14:20:47 EST 2010

Well, I'm keeping my discussion to digital audio, which is what I do.
But if you make the analogue phaser into a digital one using say a
bilinear transform (or whatever other method), delays will appear.
This, to me, indicates that somehow the filter is in effect delaying the
signal in its analogue form (which of course it is in the digital
version). However this is as far as I'd like to go regarding analogue
audio,
of which I am no expert.

Victor