[music-dsp] Is beating the same thing as flanging?

Victor Lazzarini Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Sun Nov 14 17:29:02 EST 2010

This is a simple flanger

y(n) = x(n) + C*y(n-D)

with D variable/modulated. The only difference is that the delay is
longer (and variable).

A digital equalizer is based on delays alright, as any digital filter.
So to be fair, it's delay-based processing.
Delay-based is just what the term says, based on delays. And all of
what you might call delay-based
processes are also filters.

Victor