[music-dsp] Live pitch detection

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Sun Oct 10 14:00:05 EDT 2010

Hello!

2010/10/10 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie>:
> Both of these are open source. You should be able to have a look and use the
> code in your applicatiom if you are a C programmer.

Yes, but it needs to be hooked to something like RtAudio or Portaudio
for the audio input.

I was looking at Denemo's source code, and there is some pitch
detection going on there. I asked the developers and they used some
code from Accordeur, which is a fork in QT of Dan's Tuner. (which is
in WX) I'm more into Clutter myself. I don't know how much their code
differ, appart from the GUI toolkit.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/accordeur/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/danstuner/

> On 10 Oct 2010, at 15:32, Spencer Russell wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 1:45 AM, Alexandre Quessy <alexandre at quessy.net>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm much used to using Miller Puckette's [fiddle~] object for Pure
>>> Data. Is there a C/C++ library that provides a similar tool?
>>
>> As i understand it, fiddle~ has been pretty much completely deprecated
>> in favor of sigmund~ (also by Miller, and more recently released)

Good to know. Thanks Spencer. I haven't used much Pure Data in the
last few months.

So, I should either start from sigmund~ or Accordeur. Which should be
the easiest? Probably Accordeur.

Thanks,
--
Alexandre Quessy