[music-dsp] Live pitch detection

Victor Lazzarini Victor.Lazzarini at nuim.ie
Mon Oct 11 05:24:49 EDT 2010

For fiddle~ there is an article: http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~tapel/icmc98.pdf
I have not looked at the internals of sigmund~, but from its outside
appearance, it looks like an improvement on fiddle~, using similar
principles, but maybe an enhanced peak-picking and sinusoidal tracking.

There is also an excellent paper on the latest DAFx: http://dafx10.iem.at/proceedings/papers/VonDemKnesebeckZoelzer_DAFx10_P102.pdf
where different methods are measured against each other. AMDF comes
out very well.

Regards 'hacking' of sigmund~, in PD the business end of the class is
a DSP processing function, which has a loop that iterates over an input
vector of samples. This is what needs to be removed and adapted for a
standalone application (and any other relevant functions that are
called;
you will also need to replace the FFT function for one of your own).
You will just have to figure out where the output is being banged out
and tap it there.

Victor