[music-dsp] Sythesizing sines + noise in one IFFT

xue wen xue.wen at elec.qmul.ac.uk
Mon Oct 11 10:26:19 EDT 2010

Actually the spectral convolution you proposed doesn't seem that bad. Spectrum of a BH92 window is 7 point long, real and symmetric - that comes down to 4 real-complex multiplications and 6 complex additions per point if you do convolution, and reduced to 4 real-real multiplications and 6 real additions per point considering spectral symmetry. For comparison, if you do a separate IFFT it'll be 2log2(FFT length) real-real multiplications per point, which goes up to 20 per point for FFT length 1024, plus the usual extra going-ons of any FFT.

-