[music-dsp] C++ performance

Gwenhwyfaer gwenhwyfaer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 10:35:56 EDT 2010

On 30/10/2010, Ross Bencina <rossb-lists at audiomulch.com> wrote:
> Gwenhwyfaer wrote:
>> In C++ I can easily read a
>> piece of code and *think* I know what it does and how long it'll take
>> to do it...

> You seem to be saying "I don't like C++...

...Whoa there. Lisp and Forth both suffer from the same problem to an
even greater degree - you can redefine *everything* arbitrarily - and
I like both of those languages. A *lot*. I was simply pointing out
that there's a difference between clarity of intent and, for want of
better terminology, transparency of implementation cost.

...It's unfortunate that this conversation appears to have devolved to
the level of a religious war, but since it has, I'll be bowing out
now.