[music-dsp] DAFx and AES

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Sun Sep 5 14:07:19 EDT 2010

On Sep 4, 2010, at 3:16 PM, David Reaves wrote:

> Last Euro AES I went to, Munich last year, was much smaller than I
> ever remember an AES being. Only one room of exhibits. Saw
> everything in about a half hour. :-/

must be the economic downturn.

in 2001, the AES convention was in NYC and scheduled, as best as i
remember, at the end of September.  needless to say, it was postponed
(in fact, FEMA took over the Javits Center).  when they did have the
convention, it was the first week of December.  it was shockingly
small (and much smaller than it would have been with no 9-11).  it was
also quite interesting and sad (and shocking) to see ground-zero while
many of the structures (such as they were) were still up.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com