[music-dsp] Preference test for pitch transposition: big variations

Gilles Degottex gilles.degottex at ircam.fr
Tue Sep 7 08:31:44 EDT 2010

It is very interesting that some peoples repported me that they got
difficulties on female voices whereas it was on male voices for others !

And yes, it depends on the application. Moreover, some peoples "like" a given
artifact (ex. noise in low frequencies) by concidering it as merged into the
voice quality (ex. and thus perceived as breathiness). And other peoples
treat these artifacts ... as artifacts.

Gilles