[music-dsp] Modular synthesis percussion?

Alan Wolfe alan.wolfe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 17:02:49 EST 2011

I went to make up some samples and realized im only generating the
noise in the range of [0,1] even though the rest of the audio is
[-1,1]!

i fixed it and things sound lots better now.

I also played around with forcing the noise to either -1 or 1
(whichever it was closer to), and changing the "sample rate" of the
noise generated.

Lots of cool sounds!

when the noise sample rate is down in the 128/256 rate it sounds like
wayyy old school sound effects (like from before the Apple II days)

As always, thanks for the wealth of info, this list is awesome (: