[music-dsp] Orfanidis-style filter design

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Sun Nov 27 17:29:14 EST 2011

On 11/27/11 3:17 PM, Dominique Würtz wrote:

>>>    Any ideas?
>>    Knud Christensen "A Generalization of the Biquadratic Parametric"
>>    http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=12429
>>
> Hmm, reading the abstract I'm not 100% sure if it really addresses what
> I'm aiming at. Sorry for being sceptical, but before I shell out 20$ for
> this, can you confirm me that it actually considers the gain correction
> at Nyquist?

what it does is inverse-map the 5 coefficients of the biquad filter to 5
parameters that users might find useful.  there *are* only 5 degrees of
freedom, so it really is only an issue for how you want those 5 control
knobs defined.

why not put out a request for anyone here at music-dsp who has free
access to the full AES archives (i don't, sorry) to send you the pdf?
maybe there is a similar paper by the author living out there in the
internet.  maybe you can find and contact the author.  i have a paper
copy of the preprint *somewhere*, but i am not sure where.

L8r,

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com